About The EDA
Pine Island’s EDA was established in 1993 and tasked with promoting the development of a strong, diversified and balanced economic base that would create a favorable business climate, create jobs and increase tax base for the City.
The EDA consists of a 7 Commissioner governing body appointed by City Council which include professionals representing a broad spectrum of business and industry.
The primary role of the EDA is to advocate for business and community development which will foster a strong and diversified economic base and high quality standard of living. The EDA provides assistance for businesses in the areas of start-up, expansion, acquisition, and retention.
Regular Monthly meetings are the 1st Wednesday of each month starting at 5 p.m. and located at the EDA Office (106 2nd Street Southwest PO 727, Pine Island, MN 55963)
Pine Island Economic Development Authority's mission is to:
Facilitate economic and community development for the City of Pine Island through recruiting, retaining and expanding business in order to diversify and grow the tax base and provide job opportunities as well as understand, plan and maintain the City's growth trajectory.
The Pine Island EDA Board also adopted the following policy statements to set a vision for the City of Pine Island.
1. Develop a “sense of community” within the City that would foster community vitality.
2. Situate the City as a stable community poised and intended for perpetual growth.
3. Become a coordinated partner within Southeast Minnesota that contributes to the regional successes.
4. Consistently communicate the Pine Island EDA Mission through community outreach and authority transparency.
5. Provide leadership and guidance for the commercial and general community.
Board of Commissioners
President - Courtney Schaefer
Term ends 2021
Vice President - Mike Kaye
Term ends: 2020
Treasure- Troy Kuball
Term ends 2022
Secretary- Rod Steele
Term ends 2022
Committees: Loan, Budget
Term ends 2021:
Council Liaison: Mike Hildenbrand